Live DVR is the process of recording or “caching” a live video stream on the server and then enabling viewer access to the live or recorded stream content as it streams. A unique opportunity for this approach is making the video-on-demand (VOD) content available quickly following the live event without the time-consuming requirement of sending, encoding, and uploading it. The recorded content can simply be made available as VOD content.
How to enable DVR for ABR streams?
- Login to 5centsCDN console.
- Go to “Multi Bitrate Push” under the Live Streams.
- Click the Manage button of your multi Bitrate stream.
- On the redirected page, Click the DVR option and put a tick mark on the Enable option.
- Set the DVR retention period by scroll the line(You can set a maximum of 14 days).
- If you need to rewind the live stream then you can also enable the nDVR option.
- Click the save button.
You can check the DVR streams under Live Streams>DVR
The video showing the above-mentioned steps