Closed Captions (CCs) and Subtitles look similar, they’re designed for two different purposes. Subtitles provide a text alternative for the dialogue of video footage – the spoken words of characters, narrators, and other vocal participants.
Closed captions, on the other hand, not only supplement dialogue but other relevant parts of the soundtrack – describing background noises, phones ringing and other audio cues that need describing.
Follow the steps to add a CC/Subtitle to a video file,
- Navigate to the 5centsCDN control panel.
- Go to Video Manager.
- Click the Manage button on your Project.
- On the redirected page, go to the VIDEOS section.
- Click the video file that you want to add chapters.
- Click the CUSTOMIZE button.
- On the next page, click CC/Subtitle.
- Click the FILE button and select the file from your system.
- Select the language from the dropdown menu.
- Click the UPLOAD button.
- Click the +ADD button to upload another CC/Subtitle.
- Settings completed, You can check the preview to verify the changes.