This feature restricts the Zones to be watched only on a particular website or domain so that there will be no unauthorized viewing and complete protection for your copyrighted content. You can also specify a particular IP on which the content can be played.
In order to access Domain Lock feature :
- Log in to the Dashboard.
- At the extreme left side of the Dashboard, select Push/Pull Zones under Zone section.
- Click on the Manage button available right next to your desired Push/Pull Zone.
- In the re-directed page, select Domain Lock.
- By default Domain Lock will be disabled.
- If you want to playback your content only in a particular domain then select the Enable mode and add the required domain name in Domains and select option Whitelist.
- If you want to exclude a particular IP from these restrictions, add those in Domains and select option Blacklist.
- Click Save to apply the changes.
Kindly note that we are not recommending to use Domain Locking for HLS. It’s mainly designed for RTMP. Domain Locking will work only with clients that use referer, mainly with Flash player. It will work only with simple embedding schemes. Also if you want to use unique domain names in this field like teststream.com, http://www.teststream.com, www.teststream.com, www.123-teststream.com, etc the best option to enable domain lock for teststream.com is to add like this : *.teststream.com.